If you are injured in an auto accident, you may be lucky, experiencing injuries that can heal quickly. You may also experience injuries that can last for days, weeks, months, or even years. In fact, you may not know the full extent of your injuries until long after the accident. Your chiropractor can help you heal.
Dr. Daniel Lewis at Handcraft Chiropractic in Fort Lauderdale, FL, offers comprehensive chiropractic care, including treatment for auto accidents, so you can feel better.
What happens to your body during an auto accident?
Your body will suffer sudden, uncontrolled movements which can cause damage to your tendons, ligaments, muscles, bones, and internal organs:
- A front-end collision will throw you backward, causing injury to your legs, chest, face, and head
- A side collision will force you sideways, causing injury to your abdomen, legs, chest, head, and internal organs
- A rear-end collision will throw you forward, causing injury to your chest, spine, neck, and head
What can I do at home to feel better?
After your auto accident, you need to rest, so you can begin to heal. In addition, it might be helpful to:
- Place cold or hot packs on your injured areas to reduce swelling and pain
- Perform gentle stretches to decrease stiffness and maintain flexibility
- Take over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
How can my chiropractor help me feel better?
Your chiropractor is an expert at treating injuries and accidents involving your lower back, spine, neck, and other affected areas. There are several effective treatments he may recommend, including:
- Gentle hand adjustments, to realign your spine
- Therapeutic massage, to relax tense muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Electric muscle stimulation, to loosen tight muscles
- Ice and heat therapies, to reduce swelling and pain
- Therapeutic ultrasound, to boost circulation and promote healing
- Therapeutic exercises, to build strength, mobility, and flexibility
- Mechanical traction, to realign bones and lengthen tense muscles
To learn more about how your chiropractor can help when you experience an auto accident, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Daniel Lewis of Handcraft Chiropractic in Fort Lauderdale, FL, at (954) 507-5158. Call today!